If you love the look of Midcentury Modern furniture and decor, you may already have several pieces. You’ll probably recognize many of the iconic pieces from ads. In fact, they are so familiar that they’ve become somewhat of a cliché. Here are some things to look for when buying midcentury modern furniture and decor. – Thin legs, chromed steel, and bent wood. – Geometric shapes that work with curves, such as those seen on the Eames chair and the Saarinen dining table.
– Clean lines and simplicity: These characteristics define midcentury modern furniture and decor. They fit well with contemporary interior design styles, including Art Deco, Scandinavian, and contemporary. They’re also perfect for smaller spaces, as many pieces are smaller and more compact. You can also find many vintage or antique midcentury modern pieces for a fraction of the price of new ones. And because the midcentury modern style is so versatile, you can mix and match different styles within a space.
– Variety: There’s no shortage of unique midcentury furniture and decor. From iconic Eames chairs to Saatchi Art, this style has been around for decades. Whether you’re looking for a minimalist look, or want to add a splash of color, you can find something that fits your needs. In addition to finding a piece that matches your interior design, you’ll find great examples of midcentury modern decor at Saatchi Art.
– Quality and authenticity: While buying vintage midcentury modern furniture and decor, be sure to shop around. Beware of bogus vintage pieces. Second-hand sellers often label pieces as midcentury modern without considering their design significance. Some of these sellers may add the names of major designers and manufacturers to their listings, so they can lure in collectors. If you’re not sure what to look for, check out these sites that specialize in reproductions of midcentury modern furniture.
– Versatility: While the design philosophy of the Midcentury Modern movement emphasizes bold, vibrant colors, it also makes use of wood. Wood furniture can be a great way to achieve the perfect balance in a room. There are a variety of hardwoods that can be used to achieve the desired look. You can choose to use a combination of dark wood and light wood, and you’ll have an ideal room for relaxing.
– Versatility: A midcentury modern home isn’t complete without a bar cart. These versatile pieces of furniture can store bottles of wine, display glasses, and other bar accessories. Another great piece of midcentury modern furniture is a credenza. A sideboard or buffet is also a great place to store glasses and other items. These pieces are made from wood or metal and have clean lines and a classic design.
– Originality: If you’re looking for a midcentury modern furniture set, consider buying it from a reputable manufacturer. The design of midcentury modern furniture is influenced by the Bauhaus and Danish Modernism movements, and the Baby Boom brought with it new technological developments and an urgent need for housing. This also meant new materials, such as molded plywood, plastic, glass, and metal, were widely used, and many iconic pieces have been produced by the designers.